20 August 2008

Neighboorhoods of Carbon Canyon, Part Three (Version Two)


A couple of weeks ago, I put together a little post about a neighborhood on the Chino Hills side that I referred to as "Canon Lane" hoping that I'd find out or have someone give me the official subdivision name.


A former canyon resident replied soon after that it was something like "Mountain View" and then earlier today I heard from a local realtor that the name is "Mountain View Estates" and that there were two phases. I've also seen the name "Mountain View Park" in a couple of locations.


As indicated in the earlier post, the proximity of Mountain View Estates to Sleepy Hollow is very close, within a couple of years or so, and I've seen homes as early as 1925 back there. I'm assuming that phase one covered the lower part of the community closest to Carbon Canyon Road, while phase two embraced the upper reaches of the hillsides.


At any rate, there it is: Mountain View Estates. My wife and I came pretty close to buying a home at the top of the neighborhood and there were terrific views of the San Gabriel Mountains (Baldy and its neighbors, Cucamonga and Ontario peaks), so the name is particuarly apt. The photo at the top is looking toward the subdivision from the north end of Canon Lane next to Western Hills Golf Course.

No comments: