29 June 2008

Accident Report #1

Actually, I have to say that I'm surprised how few traffic accidents there have been in the canyon lately compared to what I've experienced in the four years I've lived here. Some of this might be due to people driving less with higher gas prices.
Today, though, a truck slid onto its side on Carbon Canyon Road (State Highway 142) and caused the shutdown of at least one lane. There are probably two explanations for why this happened: one, the truck was trying to avoid something on the road or someone entering the road from a side street or two, the driver was going too fast around a curve and lost control. I wasn't here at the time, although my wife drove by the scene, but I'm going to go out on a limb here (!) and suggest that speed probably had something to do with it.

I am going to try and post whenever there is an accident that I have seen, heard, witnessed, or heard about, so there is some record of it.

Again, I can't say what caused this accident, it might have been some kind of road hazard. I have to say, though, that I would not be surprised if speed was a factor!

No comments: